10 Colorado Springs New Years Eve Celebration Options: Concerts, Dancing, Comedy
After almost two years, you deserve to make your cheeks glow, put on something shiny, and have a drink of something sparkling.
New Years Eve is upon us again, with plenty of festive options, from whimsical to casual. And I hope that the evening will usher in a more pleasant and less anxious year 2022. Well done to that.
• Colorado Springs Philharmonic was dark last year due to contract disputes, but the symphony is back and ready to perform in the New Year with classic tunes by Gershwin, Broadway hits by Andrew Lloyd Webber, singers Josh Franklin, Gina Milne and Leo Nova- Wolfe, and local American and folk artist Joe Johnson, 7:30 p.m., Pikes Peak Center, 190 S. Cascade Ave., $ 28- $ 70; pikespeakcenter.com, axs.com.
• How about dancing in the New Year to a group of nine funk and soul horn musicians? Collective Groove will provide the tunes for the New Years Eve dance party at the Stargazers Theater and Event Center. The evening includes an appetizer buffet, freebies and a champagne toast, 9 pm, 10 S. Parkside Drive, $ 65; 476-2200, stargazerstheatre.com.
• The Broadmoor will offer two events, one for those who feel upscale, the other for those who prefer to remain more discreet. New Years Eve is the latter. It’s 8:30 p.m. at the International Center, The Broadmoor, 1 Lake Avenue, $ 75. The New Years Eve gala is a black tie and will include a gourmet five-course dinner, with music from the Broadmoor Pops Orchestra and champagne and balloon drop. It’s 7:30 p.m. at Broadmoor Hall, The Broadmoor, 1 Lake Avenue, $ 295; broadmoor.com.
• If you want to end the year with a belly laugh, head to Loonees Comedy Corner where “Houston’s funniest person” Sam Demaris is the star actor. Slade Ham will open the show, at 7:30 p.m. and 10 p.m., 1305 N. Academy Blvd., $ 15 to $ 40, includes a bottle of champagne for two; 591-0707, looneescc.com.
• Francisco Ramos, actor, voice over artist and 2015 Last Comic Standing Top 10 finalist, will headline two shows at 3E’s Comedy Club, at 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., 1 S. Nevada Ave., $ 25 to $ 75; 694-9911, 3escomedy.com.
• The Emo Night Tour at The Black Sheep will feature DJs playing tracks from rock bands such as Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy, Panic! at Disco and My Chemical Romance, 9:00 p.m., 2106 E. Platte Ave., $ 20; 227-7625, blacksheeprocks.com
• Celebrate the end of 2021 in a castle. The New Years Gala at Glen Eyrie Castle will feature the George Sisneros Band playing a bit of everything: jazz, swing, country, Spanish, Irish, pop and more, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., 3820 N. 30th St. , $ 125; 265-7050, gleneyrie.org.
• Randy’s New Year’s Eve Dance Party will offer several dance floors to get rid of the old year. Dance to tunes by Frank Sinatra, plus hits from the 1970s, 80s, and 90s, Latin, country, Top 40 and more, 8 pm, The Antlers, A Wyndham Hotel, 4 S. Cascade Ave., $ 110; eventbrite.com, randysinatra.com.
• A craving for 70s-themed disco music will take you straight to Lulu’s Downstairs, where Boogie Nights Presents: NYE Disco Party takes place at 9pm. disguises. Champagne toast is part of the deal, 107 Manitou Ave., Manitou Springs, $ 15; 424-7637, eventbrite.com, lulusdownstairs.com.
• Lose the champagne toast, dinner and dancing, and add WhirlyBall, LaserTag, bowling, pop-up games and buffet for a different kind of New Years party at WhirlyBall. Play noon to 4 p.m., 3971 Palmer Park Blvd., $ 20 for kids, $ 30 for adults; 637-9999, whirlyball.com/colorado-springs.
• Bonus – Midnight New Years Fireworks display from the top of Pikes Peak, courtesy of Club AdAmAn.
Contact the author: 636-0270